Lommán’s Bonanza of Backgrounds: Streaker
“When beauty fires the blood, how love exalts the mind!”
-John Dryden, Cymon and Iphigenia
“When beauty fires the blood, how love exalts the mind!”
-John Dryden, Cymon and Iphigenia
The following material contains extensive discussion of sexual activity, and may not be appropriate for all groups and/or players. Please do not use this material in a game without approval from the GM as well as the other players.
This material is still in the process of being playtested. It is fully usable as written, but may be refined or changed in later versions. As always, this content should only be used with GM permission.
You have a particular favorite pastime that always gets your blood pumping and your senses sharp as a knife—getting naked in public places. Maybe you felt it was silly putting clothes on while you’re still wet after bathing in the creek outside of town and started sneaking there and back without any clothes at all. Maybe you lost at strip poker one night and got addicted to the attention. Maybe you’re a thrill-seeker addicted to the excitement of challenging yourself to get across town while having no shelter or clothing to fall back on except the outfit you placed at the finish line. Maybe the humiliation of being totally naked in front of fully clothed strangers (or friends) stokes your libido like nothing else you’ve tried. Whatever your methods and motives are, you are so dedicated to the feel of air (and sometimes eyes) on your skin that it has become a defining facet of your life.
Skill Proficiencies: Perception, Stealth
Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set
Languages: One of your choice
Equipment: A gaming set (one of your choice), a paintbrush, several small pots of body paint, a set of common clothes hidden in a safe place at least half of a mile away, and a wristband or necklace pouch containing 15 gp
You have learned from long and sometimes embarrassing experience which paths to take through a town or city has few people and plenty of hedges, pillars, and nooks and how to spot these paths on the fly when exploring a new settlement. When not in combat, you and companions you lead are able to travel stealthily at a normal pace in urban areas.
Streakers have a variety of motivations and approaches to their nudity, but tend to be thrill seekers and inclined toward impulsivity. Regardless of background, vocation, or wealth, they tend to make an impression and are usually popular among those of a low-brown inclination for shaking things up and flouting stuffy traditionalist notions of propriety.
|1||I naturally keep an eye out for places where I could hide or slip by unseen, even when I have clothes on.|
|2||I always aim to be the life of the party and make any event a memorable one for everybody involved.|
|3||I’ve spent enough time vulnerable and anxious of my own free will that genuinely frightening situations don’t really bother me.|
|4||I don’t like being ignored.|
|5||It may be weird, but I find that the best way to relax is the giddy, relieved laughter that I have after a very embarrassing situation. Even better if it’s not of my own design.|
|6||It’s so much easier to persuade people when you know they’re already ogling you and a bit off guard from seeing a naked person unexpectedly.|
|7||I’m quite demure and unassuming most of the time. It’s not hard for me to convince people my nakedness was a shocking accident rather than a hobby…the first couple of times at least.|
|8||Knowing a person has seen me naked (or is about to) is so embarrassing, but for some reason it makes it a lot easier to open up to them. Talking about hopes and fears is no big deal after that.|
|1||Self-Reliance. What better way to learn to trust yourself than a situation where you have nothing but your wits? (Neutral)|
|2||Integrity. A bet is a bet. There’s no point in it if I’m not going to abide by the terms. (Lawful)|
|3||Fun. People shouldn’t be so stuffy and repressed. Life is better when you can enjoy being lighthearted and ridiculous. (Good)|
|4||Eventfulness. A stagnant place is too dreary and lifeless. Someone needs to shake things up! (Chaotic)|
|5||Bonding. I’ve feel that nothing ties a group of friends together better than the excitement and honesty of skinny dipping or running around naked. (Neutral)|
|6||Fate. If the dice say it’s my night to sneak home naked, I’ll embrace it. (Any)|
|1||I dream of establishing a holiday or festival featuring a tradition of streaking or strip games.|
|2||It’s not cheap partying every few days—and having to buy replacement clothes nearly every time.|
|3||I aim to outwit the guards of as many towns and cities as I can.|
|4||I want to get better on following through on my goals. That’s why I do things like lock myself out of my room naked so I have to go down and ask the innkeeper for assistance no matter how nerve wracking it is.|
|5||When one of my childhood friends died of an illness, I swore to live my life to the fullest. To Acheron with what hidebound fuddy-duddies think of me.|
|6||The most feasible kind of immortality is to be remembered, and I’m very hard to forget.|
|1||Believe it or not, I’m actually very shy.|
|2||If something seems thrilling I just go for it. This often makes for bigger thrills than I intended.|
|3||I’ve put myself in naked predicaments so many times I often do it without even meaning to.|
|4||I’m constantly doing my best to convince other people to try spending some time naked.|
|5||“I’m certain I left another set of backup clothes here! Oh no…I moved them last month, didn’t I?”|
|6||Getting off just isn’t satisfying unless I’m also afraid of getting spotted.|
NOTICE OF OPEN GAME CONTENT
This product includes Open Game Content that may only be used under and in terms of the Open Game License Version 1.0a
DESIGNATION OF PRODUCT IDENTITY
Product Identity in this document designated in accordance with section 1(e) of the Open Game License, version 1.0a includes but is not limited to: Any and all Malachite Idol logos and identifying marks and trade dress, including all Malachite Idol product and product line names including but not limited to Malachite Idol Presents, all Malachite Idol logos, and all artwork, logos, symbols, designs, depictions, illustrations, maps and cartography, likenesses, and poses. Designated Product Identity is not Open Game Content.
DESIGNATION OF OPEN GAME CONTENT
All material in this document following the Playtest Version sidebar and prior to the Legal Appendix that is not otherwise designated as Product Identity is Open Game Content.
OPEN GAME LICENSE Version 1.0a
The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc (“Wizards”). All Rights Reserved. 1. Definitions: (a)”Contributors” means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content; (b)”Derivative Material” means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c) “Distribute” means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d)”Open Game Content” means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity. (e) “Product Identity” means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts; creatures characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content; (f) “Trademark” means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor (g) “Use”, “Used” or “Using” means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content. (h) “You” or “Your” means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3.Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5.Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
6.Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder’s name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.
9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE Open Game License v 1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, LLC.
System Reference Document 5.1 Copyright 2016, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Chris Perkins, Rodney Thompson, Peter Lee, James Wyatt, Robert J. Schwalb, Bruce R. Cordell, Chris Sims, and Steve Townshend, based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
Lommán’s Bonanza of Backgrounds: Streaker Copyright 2021, Malachite Idol; Author Patrick Johnson.
END OF LICENSE